Junior Marine Ranger Program
Bookings are now being taken for Thursday 13th April, 2017!!!!
Experience life as a junior Marine Ranger program, just like the Rookie stars of the abc3 hit tv series blue zoo! meet and play with some of the animal stars of blue zoo, help to make fishy animal buckets of food, help to feed and care for sick and injured wildlife in the marine hospital and educate the public about environmental conservation, just like the blue zoo rookies!
daily schedule includes:
- get your hands dirty by helping to prepare fish buckets for the seals & dolphins
- learn about the Seal The Loop conservation program and design posters to educate people about the dangers of waste fishing line and "colourful killers"
- visit the marine hospital and help to feed and care for the patients under rehabilitation
- enter the seal enclosures and help the trainers to provide enrichment to the seals by hiding fish and toys around seal shores
- experience the Marine Discovery Presentation, penguins and reef tank feeding, seal and dolphin kisses and Steve McEwans Reptile World show
- day concludes with an exclusive in water encounter with a dolphin, including your very own dolphin hug photo to remember your day!
- morning tea & lunch served
- a certificate presented to you on completion of your Junior Marine Ranger program
here is what some of our september junior ranger's thought:
Jack, 12 - it was just heaps of fun, I made new mates & we actually did the job of a ranger, they really trusted us. Swimming with the seal is something I will always remember
nick, 10 - it was epic awesomeness! The trainers were so nice, it was really special to help feeding the animals & seeing behind the scenes was super cool. making the food buckets was heaps messy but loads of fun!
chloe, 9 - it was fun, we learnt alot about the animals and what they ate. feeding the animals & being so close was really exciting!
parent - seeing my child have such a fun experience whilst learning was really special. the staff did such an amazing job & really made the kids "ranger for a day" this is something we will always remember. thank you
- times: 8:50am - 3:00pm
- includes: 1x seal kiss photo, 1 x dolphin kiss photo, 1 x in-water dolphin hug photo, morning tea and lunch (all photographs are printed 6x8 size)
- age: 8-16 years
- maximum group size: 6 children per program
- Cost: $275pp
Next available Dates: Thursday 13th April, 2017
Note: Program concludes with an in water encounter with a dolphin from approx 2:45pm. At this time one adult can enter FREE of charge to watch the encounter. Any additional family / friends will be given a 50% discount off general admission fees.